Monday, August 11, 2008

...somewhat eventful

So this is my first blog post. I feel almost arrogant for thinking that I need a special place for this, haha. But then I'm sure all two of you who will keep up with this will find something of interest here. I'm not much of a journalist so I doubt that there will be any kind of a daily update but then again my life, at it's busiest, doesn't deserve a daily post.

So let's see. Friday I drove down to stay with Chuck at his slammin' pad in Beebe and saw the majority of "Be Kind Rewind" before falling asleep on his couch. The following morning we headed for Ponca after making a stop at walmart only to realize that we were completely unprepared and had done zero planning but it was all good. We drove up scenic HWY 7 which has some pretty saucome views and a pretty decent little burger joint out away from everything. After getting there we got about 3 miles down the Buffalo River Trail before the rain hit, almost a day early! But that didn't stop us from doing so swimmin' in the very whole that I learned to swim in! On the way back we stopped in Jasper and I had an elf burger for the second time in my life. Still Good. Sunday morning I got to attend an AMAZING church, New Life Church, in Conway! I wouldn't survey a church by this...but they served me a Chai Latte. Sweet.

I can't help but feel that I'm somehow reverting to my childhood by watching so many old movies lately but I can't help it. They're the best.

That's all I've got. Bye.

5 comments:

B said...

I always enjoy churches that serve hot drinks. I am a coffee fiend and caffeine headaches in church are awfully distracting...

Anonymous said...

Awww Sam!!! this makes a crave some good swimming time in that old river! and seeing the elk! remember that one time Molly chased a whole ehard of them away from us?? ahh that was so funny!! i wish i could have gone with you and Chuck! but i bet yall had some good dude time lol... i love you! im always here for you!
<3 Your little sister..Nicole

Samuel J. Costner said...

Haha "elf burger"! It was supposed to say "elk"...I'll leave it.

Yes Churches with coffee shops rule, indeed.

Yeah you should go sometime. Nicole!

JakeofArk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JakeofArk said...

This is a good idea for sure. You should put an archive of your old stuff on here too.