Tuesday, November 25, 2008

...brought near

A rude awakening and howling wind, stagger to my feet
Shaking in the cold and ever chilled by snow and sleet
Blood upon hands and clothes that tell of wrong I've done
I find no justice in the thought that I should turn and run
Smoke and cries fill the air, Oh the ruin I've brought
In hiding from your trusting voice and selfish desires sought
Flames and rubble, heartache and shame, are left in my wake
What tragedy must come about before my pride will break
And so I wonder into the night, this darkness I have earned
And in the dark I'll cry for you, for Your grace I've yearned
And like a drop on desert dunes, like a river in the sand
Like the loving father You are, You came and took my hand
You turn this darkness into cloudless day that warms me
You lay a valley, green and lush and glowing, out before me
I deserve the place in which you found me, dark and cold
But your forgiveness paid my price and I am proudly sold

"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ." Eph - 2:13



















(photo cred: B. Thiessen)
http://www.photoxday.blogspot.com/
http://www.thisisbetty.blogspot.com/

No comments: