Wednesday, January 14, 2009

...blessed

Listen

I think this song could ring forever in my ears and I would not tire of it
This blue mountain trail could stretch to the sea and I would walk it
These pages could turn for all my days and I would read them
These pictures could lay before me and I would gaze at them until they lost their colour
These trees could touch the sky and I would climb them
This river, I would float, should it never end
These words could pour over the years and I would listen
And all of these could end this moment but my thanks to You, oh Lord, would be always
For I know that gentle hands play a song out beyond my ears reach
Feet fall gracefully along the path on the horizon
A pen, painstakingly traces words on paper each passing hour in a kind heart
Smiles will be captured everyday in my mind through my trusty lenses
The wind softly searches these branches and soft, searching eyes will find me
I should wish for no end to this soothing current
Nore the end of comforting words, set to the sound of a beating heart
Oh what blessing you have brought to me, my God
Oh what praise I will give you in such joy that I have never known
Should I awake and all be gone
Should I be taken far from any such thing
I would sing of them still and of the love that I should be graced with such

1 comment:

Stephanie Davidson said...

Never stop writing Sam!

Love,
Mom