Thursday, February 5, 2009

..turned over and contents spilled

There have been allot of twists and turns in my life lately that I would have never expected. Some have been good and refreshing, some have been hard, humbling and strengthening - even the negative have a positive outcome(I'm always reminded of the verse my mother quoted so often as a child: "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose" - Romans 8:28).
I really don't know where to begin. I know that I will write in more detail as more unfolds but let's see...

I sold my jeep and have a complete peace with not searching for another car right now.

There was an ice storm that completely ravaged north Arkansas, leaving thousands upon thousands out of power - many still are. It brought an unnecessary amount of panic and disorder, but it also brought lots people together, sharing food or heat, and that was so nice to see.
The enevitable nearing of departure for wherever distination for however long for whatever reason has me excited and scared at the same time. "Be anxious for nothing" Phili - 4:6 The doors that have been opened are completely astounding.
Watching how God has been working in the lives of those around me(and far from me) has been equally astounding. I'm so thankful these days for those in my life and the unending ways God has blessed me.

I could go on for days but my internet access is limitted right now and I must go prepare for a show that I didn't know I was playing until an hour ago. Exciting!

1 comment:

B said...

I just saw pictures of the storm....incredible.