Saturday, February 28, 2009

..writing

So at the age of 18, on a rainy day off, I began writing a story on a friends computer. Over the next couple of years I slowly stacked a few bricks on one another but never picked up a pace that would bring about a finshed product. Recently I unwrapped this loosely arranged bit of script to find myself somewhat disgusted. O the lack of enthusiasm and sheer absence of literacy I found before me. At 18 I must have been enthrolled by the idea and far from concerned with the process. Not to mention that the many, many transfers between computers and programs that it underwent stripped it of any punctuation and even of much information.

Finding myself unable to do away with the story as a whole, I've begun rebuilding it. Partly for the criticism of friends, and partly to fuel my finishing the work I began(though it's far from it's horizon), I've decided to post it in a blog. I will post a chapter every few days. Of course the posts will soon slow, as I have kept little of what I originally had and having little to start with, I will be writing and posting as I have time. Also, an entire book on a blog seems a little much - not to mention unsafe for my own good. I'm not saying that it's good enough for someone to want to steal it but I suppose one can never be too careful; I've seen some awful stuff with great publishing deals, haha.

Here's the link if you are at all interested.

http://www.thetalesofenberlot.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Jeff Mitchell said...

Color me intrigued. I'll have to check it out. oh, and congrats on the new niece. :)

Samuel J. Costner said...

Thanks Jeff!