Thursday, March 5, 2009

...wondering why

I'm trying to concentrate on my work but their screams in the distance over the wind rocking the green house around is so distracting. It isn't constant but it's enough to make me physically sick. They are like family to me, and they, themselves, are family. I have allot to do but hearing this kills me and I can't focus.

What possesses a person to be so hateful to someone they care so much about over something so small? Seven years now since the woods I've been asking this and I swear I'll never understand.

Why is it that if we cracked open our lives and looked inside, that we wouldn't find much evidence of Love? We might find a note that Love had been here or a message on the machine that Love had called, but Love's bed is made and hasn't been slept in for weeks. Love's jacket is gone from the rack and you're having a hard time remembering what that warm old jacket even looked like. The house is dark, love hasn't been home to happily bounce around leaving lights on and you sit alone in the quiet.

If you began to think about it, it might make you as sad as I.

What's wrong with us? When things are good and going our way we invite Love over all the time. We have so many smiles and hugs to give when things are as we want them. We say that God is Love, and yet we don't quite care enough to show it.

God forgive us.
______________________________________________________

My heart is glad to see you smile
To hear you sing for a little while
If it be a crime, put me on trial
And I'll be happy there

The kindest words are needles and thread
Anointing oil upon my head
Come, let me smile until I'm dead
And I'll be happy there

Voices raised in song tonight
Embraces that brought down the fight
Let me stay there in the light
And I'll be happy there

Come and sit with me, my friend
My heart is glad to see you again
This is Love and let us begin
And we'll be happy here

1 comment:

B said...

I like this...on both counts.